CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, February 1, 2008

Life sure has changed!!!

We've been here at Fort Lewis for almost 3 months now and it sure is a different way of life. We still are waiting to move on post, right now we are 93 out of 122 with a tenative April/May moving.

John is currently in Yakima training. Ive gotten a few text messages from him but he is so busy keeping "his" soldiers in line plus they are not supposed to be on cell phones but when they left Chief said just dont get caught using a cell phone. He is supposed to be allowed a phone call on Sunday when they come out of the field for Super Bowl. Yep have to keep their priorities straight. They are still slated for a deployment beginning of 2009. Re: promotion-- well I got to read last months performance evaluation (shhh I just happened to be the right place at the right time when Chief asked John to sign it). The only thing holding it back right now is Time in Grade. He is supposed to have 6 months. Well command is trying to get a waiver so that they can make it official. Hes basically an unofficial NCO and "his" soldiers have been told to treat him as such.

I have never seen so much rain in my life. Seems that we have gone from one extreme to another- snow to rain. But Ive been told that the wonderful weather is coming very soon. We havent had much time to explore between Johns duty schedule and the weather but we are looking forward to exploring soon and have a list of what we want to do and see.

I still havent met to many other wives but I am also in the works to get that changed. I am looking into the Enlisted Spouses Club, I am looking into the colleges on post, and John and I are hosting a BBQ on the 23rd for the gun section (a couple of these wives think that they are better off not being around their husbands unit). Which has kept me busy the last few days with planning the menu and buying supplies for it-- 10 soldiers, their significant other and children means about 27 people counting us in the apartment.

Well I need to do a couple things before Savannah gets off the school bus so I better close-- till later.

1 comments:

Jessie said...

Active duty life is sure different. It is weird to read about you being there because I have heard tone of stories from Brian when he was station there.